loose leaf spinach
250 g. ricotta (or similar)
150 g. feta
2 table spoons. milk
salt, a liberal amount of pepper
chopped mint leaves
4 sheets of filo pastry
Nicole Sakellariou shares a recipe for delicious dish that makes for a quick savoury brunch or dinner.
Makes 24 pieces
- Preheat oven at 1800 C.
- In a bowl, mix the two cheeses.
- In another bowl, beat the egg with the milk and add 2/3 of the mix in the cheeses. Add salt, pepper and mint and mix well.
- Cut each of the 4 filo pasties (from the shorter side) in 6 equal parts.
- Using a spoon put some mix at the edge of the filo and we sequentially wrap from right to left until we have a triangle. We repeat for the rest of the filo pieces.
- In a pan, lay a sheet of cooking paper and on top we arrange the pies with the end of wrapping-part down.
- Use a brush to brush the pies with the rest of the egg-milk mix.
- Bake for 15-20 min until light brown.